Eastern Avenue CRC in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is one of many affirming churches in the Christian Reformed Church of North America. Below, you will find their statement.
If your congregation should be included in our list, please let us know!
(Scroll down for info on joining Eastern Ave. CRC for worship.)
Eastern Avenue CRC – Grand Rapids, MI
Our Affirmations (from Eastern Avenue CRC website, 2022)
These affirmations guide Eastern Avenue Christian Reformed Church regarding the inclusion of LGBTQ+ persons in our worshiping community.
- We affirm God loves people of all sexual orientations and gender All are created in God’s image.
- We affirm that people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are equally eligible to be full members and ministry leaders at Eastern Avenue, without partiality. All belong and can serve.
- We affirm that the sacraments (baptism, communion) and rites of this church (profession of faith, marriage) are open to all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, without partiality.
- We affirm that marriage is a gift and call of God for two persons to join their lives in a holy covenant of love and faithfulness.
- We affirm that the offices of pastor, elder, and deacon are open to all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ who are called and equipped to serve God’s people, and who are appointed by the council and congregation.
- We affirm God’s will for the community of faith at Eastern Avenue to work together with grace and understanding to further God’s kingdom.
(Eastern Avenue Christian Reformed Church offers both in-person and live-streaming worship opportunities. Come at 9:30 am or 11:00 am to the church, or join us live at 9:30 am on our YouTube channel. You can also watch the recorded service at the time that works best for you.)